Tag questions são short questions colocadas no final de sentences. São usadas para ask for confirmation.
Quando a first part da sentence is positive e com verb to be, a tag question is negative e com verb to be :
positive statement: (It’s) beautiful
negative tag – verb ‘TO BE’: isn’t it?
Quando a first part da sentence is negative e com verb to be, a tag question is positive e com verb to be:
negative statement – verb ‘TO BE’: You’re not happy
positive tag – verb ‘TO BE’: are you?
But quando a first part da sentence is not com verb to be, a tag question is com verb to do:
positive statement – verb ‘LOOK’: Looks pretty good
negative tag – verb ‘TO DO’: Doesn’t it?
Learn more at https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/quick-grammar/question-tags.
• 1: https://theluckydays.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Best-Friend-Tag-Questions.png
• 2: http://adigaskell.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/asking-for-help.jpg
• 3: https://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Old-Man-Clueless-Arms-Out-So-What-Dont-Care-e1446561250523.jpg
IMAGE COURTESY: IMAGENS INTERNAS AO POST:
• 1: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/16/8d/19/168d1968b364d131da77fa2f2360517c.png
• 2: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cEERDEdCpgo/Ut294JxtGcI/AAAAAAAAHvg/zqOIS_L0OzI/s1600/Tag+questions+-+Grammar.gif
• 3: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPzAWtECcAApDrv.jpg:large
: Use of undefined constant Dec - assumed 'Dec' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/mobyduck/public_html/wp-content/themes/moby/footer-moby.php
on line 4