A supernova is the biggest explosion that humans have ever seen. It is the extremely bright, super-powerful explosion of a star.
This is a star
A star is the balance between two opposite forces. The star’s gravity tries to condensate its mass. But the star’s core burns and creates pressure in the opposite direction.
This is a supernova (= a big star explosion)
When a star runs out of fuel, it cools off. The star collapses quickly. The enormous shock waves cause the outer part of the star to explode. Kaboom!
This is a nebula
After the explosion, a beautiful cloud of hot gas forms. It’s called nebula.
Wanna know more? Access the original https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/supernova/sp to expand your culture.
• 1: https://c.pxhere.com/photos/cb/1d/cassiopeia_a_cas_a_supernova_rest_cassiopeia_constellation_
• 2: https://i1.wp.com/trendintech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Screen-Shot-2017-05-01-at-10.22.45.png?fit=1036%2C576
• 3: https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7433/9314580440_bb9ca9db89_b.jpg
IMAGE COURTESY: IMAGENS INTERNAS AO POST:
• 1: https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/supernova/sp/supernova2.en.jpg
• 2: https://steemitimages.com/0x0/http://img10.deviantart.net/4cc3/i/2012/197/9/c/supernova_explosion
• 3: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Crab_Nebula.jpg