December 10, 2018
Idioms are expressions. Existem thousands of idioms in English! Today vamos conhecer some more:
Peanut gallery = as últimas fileiras do theatre, cinema or classroom, where people talk too much.
E.g.: Não dê bola pra eles. They are the peanut gallery of the class.
Skeleton crew = A quantidade minimal of people para operar um business.
E.g.: Entre Christmas and New Year’s evening, só a skeleton crew vai work.
Skinny as a rail = very thin.
E.g.: He precisa eat more. He is skinny as a rail.
• 1: https://www.odhaleno.cz/image.ashx/405626/3134313232383230323932312d3136323731373433372e6a7067/650/400
• 2: https://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Slideshows/_production/TODAY-ready/ss-141021-skeletons/ss-141021-skeletons-12.fit-880w.jpg
• 3: https://the818nowarchives.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/gnp-classroom-2-032410-rr_1.jpg
IMAGE COURTESY: IMAGENS INTERNAS AO POST:
• 1: http://slworkshop.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/distruption.jpg
• 2: http://sarcasmlol.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/office-shoot-12.jpg
• 3: http://beta.ems.ladbiblegroup.com/s3/content/808x455/59e052f25a4f9808353306a979a700a4.png
: Use of undefined constant Dec - assumed 'Dec' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/mobyduck/public_html/wp-content/themes/moby/footer-moby.php
on line 4