November 17, 2017
The Elizabeth Tower (or ‘Big Ben’, a popular nickname) is the largest bell in the world. But this 160-year-old structure needs some maintenance.
Cleaning the ‘Big Ben’
Specialists found cracks and corrosion on the tower roof. Leaks, erosion and rust are affecting it, too.
The ‘Big Ben’ at night
That’s why the tower is under restoration and the Big Ben will remain in silence until 2021.
The ‘Big Ben’ bell in 1959
But most British citizens question if it is really necessary to silence Big Ben for so long. They miss its chime!
To know more about Big Ben visit http://www.wired.co.uk/article/big-ben-clock-silence-chime-2017 and expand you British culture.
• 1: https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/gettyimages-147397583.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1
• 2: https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nintchdbpict000347118496.jpg?strip=all&w=960
• 3: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/music/2017/08/18/TELEMMGLPICT000137487220-xlarge.jpeg
IMAGE COURTESY: IMAGENS INTERNAS AO POST:
• 1: https://wi-images.condecdn.net/image/X8kz5NX6zAr/crop/810
• 2: https://wi-images.condecdn.net/image/p9LxmAlBMxL/crop/810
• 3: http://jornalarua.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/big_ben4.jpg
: Use of undefined constant Dec - assumed 'Dec' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/mobyduck/public_html/wp-content/themes/moby/footer-moby.php
on line 4