Nolita – or ‘North Little Italy’ – foi home to Italian immigrants in the 1870s.
In the 1990s, fashionable bistros and boutiques começaram a ocupar the neighborhood.
Soon, one-bedroom apartments atingiram $ 1 million – and a penthouse, $ 58,5 million. Today quase todos os residents are single, young and rent the apartments.
But Nolita mantém the Italian Charm: small buildings, many artists e o traditional ‘Banquete de San Gennaro’ (retratado no film ‘O Poderoso Chefão III’) ainda são a tradition there.
Quer conhecer Nolita de perto? Access the original http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/realestate/nolita-mixing-hip-and-historic.html?_r=0 to expand your Italian-American culture.
• NOLITA COLORS: http://s298.photobucket.com/user/acc521/media/Blog%20Photos/111017%20-%20New%20York/P1190163.jpg.html
• NOLITA PEOPLE: https://media.timeout.com/images/102841501/image.jpg
• NOLITA FOOD TRUCK: http://www.khmertimeskh.com/files/news/8498/1422791261.jpg
IMAGE COURTESY: IMAGENS INTERNAS AO POST:
• AREA MAP: http://d3ouhueta1geav.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Downtown-Map.png
• NOLITA MAP: http://vassifer.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341c18b253ef01bb09010824970d-400wi
• NOLITA BIKE https://www.manhattanscout.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/410x410/category_pictures/noho_nolita.jpg
• NOLITA PINK http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/201108/31/05/b0007805_22471427.jpg
• NOLITA ELDERLY http://images.nymag.com/images/2/realestate/neighborhoods/2010/nolita100414_lede.jpg
SAN GENNARO FEAST:
: Use of undefined constant Dec - assumed 'Dec' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/mobyduck/public_html/wp-content/themes/moby/footer-moby.php
on line 4