David Ding was a software engineer at Microsoft.
One day, he decided to invent something different.
So, he created Localingual. It is a world map that shows each country and breaks it down to regions as you zoom in.
When you click on a region, you listen to a sentence with the local pronunciation of that region.
The website was innaugurated on January 8, 2017. It has had more than 500,000 visitors. 18,000 visitors recorded their voices in the site.
Wanna know more? Access the original http://www.wired.co.uk/article/localingual-map-voices-around-world to expand your language culture.
• 1: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFtsmrhz6Ft5R06iSSVKEk4WQ7ZhlDIp6T3sKejo0O-EJcwcqt
• 2: https://wordcounter.net/blog/2016/06/02/101702_how-fast-average-person-speaks.html
• 3: https://linxpont.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/21742969_1741685859184225_6208049518313033604_n.jpg?w=456
IMAGE COURTESY: IMAGENS INTERNAS AO POST:
• 1: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-l-ding/
• 2: http://p3.publico.pt/vicios/hightech/22805/um-mapa-mundo-que-quer-ser-wikipedia-das-linguas-e-dialectos-
• 3: http://blogandarilho.com.br/fique-por-dentro/novidades/mapa-permite-escutar-linguas-faladas-pelo-mundo/
• 4: https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-business-people-sharing-ideas-different-activity-image37443400
: Use of undefined constant Dec - assumed 'Dec' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/mobyduck/public_html/wp-content/themes/moby/footer-moby.php
on line 4