November 16, 2018
Honey bees live in hives (or colonies).
The members of the hive are divided into three types:
Queen: One queen is responsible for the whole hive. Her job is to lay the eggs that will spawn the hive’s next generation of bees. The queen also produces chemicals that guide the behaviour of the other bees.
Workers are all female. They collect food (pollen and nectar from flowers), build and protect the hive, clean and circulate air by beating their wings.
Drones are the male bees, and their purpose is to mate with the new queen. But come winter, when the hive goes into survival mode, the drones are kicked out!
Wanna know more? Access the original https://www.natgeokids.com/za/discover/animals/insects/honey-bees/ to expand your culture.
• 1: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-identify-a-queen-bee
• 2: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dQzZhTQhDGI/UValTaNH07I/AAAAAAAABB0/h8UOkRIkmuU/s600/Worker+Bee.jpg
• 3: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worker_bee
IMAGE COURTESY: IMAGENS INTERNAS AO POST:
• 1: https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/closeup-of-bees-on-honeycomb-in-apiary-picture-id531311994?k=6&m=531311994&s=612x612&w=0&h=XwPIaoiGxyXfJ9uMi1S47pAGOMLWas2xcIZ81Y5XOO8=
• 2: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkqtWQaGJOZyxjVYa4o4fpqmDt7a9QCnvUuMSynWDK1z4fZ78r
• 3: https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01477/bee_1477918c.jpg
• 4: https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiCk4D0zebcAhXBqlkKHdQiBuEQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbeebetter.info%2F2016%2F06%2Ffacts-about-honey-bees-drones%2F&psig=AOvVaw31SNmHApBve1QPo-BjYAU2&ust=1534131635264656
: Use of undefined constant Dec - assumed 'Dec' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/mobyduck/public_html/wp-content/themes/moby/footer-moby.php
on line 4