Next Monday ‘Daylight Saving’ will start in the USA: from March to November, clocks will be set forward one hour to optimize the use of natural light and save energy.
Germany was the first modern country to introduce Daylight Saving in 1916, during World War I. But ancient civilizations – like the Romans – used to adjust their daily schedules to the Sun’s schedule.
However, the result is polemic: while energy consumption for electric lighting is reduced, the demand for air conditioning and for heating during the darker winter nights are drastically increased.
Wanna know more about it? Access http://www.calendar-365.com/holidays/daylight-saving-%28start%29.html and https://www.saveonenergy.com/energy-saving-tips/daylight-saving-energy/ to expand your daylight saving culture.
• 1: http://media.salemwebnetwork.com/cms/CROSSCARDS/16234-wake-up-daylight-saving.jpg
• 2: http://www.metro.us/_internal/gxml!0/r0dc21o2f3vste5s7ezej9x3a10rp3w$5l859u3hxov6dblgktyb81a02g69hod/daylight%20savings.jpeg
• 3: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D-pLJFf6t5M/UxnmMEC4JBI/AAAAAAAAArg/rDL3yMScDOM/s1600/temp_file_DaylightSaving1.png
IMAGE COURTESY: IMAGENS INTERNAS AO POST:
• 1: http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/56e34e4e1e0000c60070fe17.jpeg
• 2: https://cognitiongalaxy.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/sundial-cornwall1.jpg
• 3: https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/air-conditioner.jpg?quality=85&w=1100
: Use of undefined constant Dec - assumed 'Dec' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/mobyduck/public_html/wp-content/themes/moby/footer-moby.php
on line 4