People normally think of berries as small, squishy fruits that can be picked off plants. But that’s not the scientific definition of ‘berry‘. Let’s see what fruits are berries and what aren’t:
1) Strawberries are not berries. True or False?
2) Blackberries are berries. True or False?
3) Bananas are berries, too. True or False?
Watermelon is not a berry. True or False?
“ In scientific terminology, a berry is a fruit with seeds produced from the ovary of a single flower. (…)The ovary wall develops into an edible (…) portion.
The definition includes many fruits that are not commonly known as berries, such as grapes, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants (…), and chili peppers. “
3) True. Bananas are berries.
4) False. Yes, watermelon is a berry, too!
Wanna know more? Access the original https://www.livescience.com/57477-why-are-bananas-considered-berries.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berry to expand your culture.