Bears are amazing animals. You probably know a lot of things about them – but I bet this information is new to you:
* Polar bears have black skin. This color helps skin absorb the heat, which is fundamental in such a cold place;
* Bears are very resistant. They can run up to 40 miles (64 km) per hour, and swim up to 100 miles (161 km) without resting;
* Their sense of smell is around 100 times greater than a human’s. Polar bears can track down an odor from 20 miles (32 km) away. They can smell a dead seal under 3 feet of solid ice;
* These animals have a super big stomach that can hold up to 150 lbs (68 kg) of meat;
* Bears can hibernate. During hibernation they don’t eat, drink, neither defecate – their bodies ‘recycle’ body waste into protein to maintain the animal alive with no food nor water for up to 8 months.
Wanna learn more about bears? Access the original article at http://facts.randomhistory.com/bear-facts.html to expand your animal culture.